Gateworks is proud to announce a new family of Single Board Computers, the Venice Family. It features a 64-bit NXP™ i.MX8M Mini Quad Core ARM® Cortex™-A53 SoC processor operating at 1.6GHz, LPDDR4 DRAM up to 4GB, and eMMC System Flash up to 64GB.
Compared to the previous Newport family, the Venice family supports multimedia capabilities through a combined MIPI-DSI, MIPI-CSI and I2S Audio header that offers video and audio output and input. Mini-PCIe expansion sockets can be used for 802.11ax/ac/b/g/n WiFi radios, 5G/4G/3G/CATM1 cellular modems and other PCI Express peripherals. Standard peripheral headers support Digital I/O, Analog Input, RS232/RS485/TTL Serial, I2C and SPI. All of the other standard Gateworks features are included, such as the Gateworks System Controller, wide voltage input, PoE support, industrial temperature, optional GPS, optional WiFi/BLE, and open source Linux Software.
As with previous Gateworks SBC families, there will be four standard models: GW7100, GW7200, GW7300, and GW7400. Each model will increasingly grow in size and feature set and is size compatible with previous Gateworks families. The first model to be released is the GW7300 and is available now.
The Venice family will accelerate the time to market on new customer designs in many verticals, including IoT Gateways, Cellular Gateways, Drones and UAVs, Smart Grid & City and Factory Automation.
Venice SBC Family Highlights:
- NXP™ i.MX8M Mini Quad Core ARM® Cortex™-A53 SoC processor operating at 1.6GHz
- LPDDR4 DRAM up to 4GB
- eMMC Flash up to 64GB
- Multimedia Support via MIPI DSI & CSI and I2S Audio
- Up to 2x GbE Ethernet Ports with PoE Support
- Up to 4x Mini-PCIe Sites
- Optional Ublox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS
- Optional Laird Sterling 802.11b/g/n WiFi & BLE v4.2 Module
- -40C to +85C Industrial Operating Temperature
- Linux Ubuntu Board Support Packages
- Made in the USA
- Rugged & Industrial design