Bluetooth Beacons are being installed in many public locations to allow interaction between the location and a mobile device. Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) the beacon is able to communicate with devices such as an iPhone or Android phone. Gateworks has Single Board Computers, or SBCs, that can act as a Bluetooth Gateway or Hub. With features like bluetooth, WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, the single board computer is very flexible to fit into any Bluetooth Beacon system. Multiple Mini-PCIe sites also allow for a 3G or 4G cellular modem. Common Linux operating systems are used allowing for easy customization of the bluetooth beacon setup.
To build a BLE Gateway, visit the Flexible IoT Gateway Showcase
Recommended products for building your custom BLE Gateway:
Recommended Single Board Computers:
- Venice GW7100 – Small 35mm x 100mm, 1x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, i.MX8M Mini Quad Core CPU
- Venice GW7200 – 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 2x GbE, i.MX8M Mini Quad Core CPU
- Venice GW7300 – 105mm x 100mm, 3x Mini-PCIe sites, 2x GbE, i.MX8M Mini Quad Core CPU
- Ventana GW5220 – Small 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Ventana GW5913 – Small 35mm x 100mm, 1x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Ventana GW5910 – Small 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, WiFi/BLE, SubGHz Radio Onboard, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Additional Ventana and Newport SBCs available in a variety of form factors and with up to 6x Mini-PCIe sites. See here for more information.
Recommended Mini-PCIe Cards for Wireless Support:
- GW16132 LTE CATM1 Cellular & BLE 5.0 Radio – Based on ublox SARA-R410 CATM1 Cellular Module and NINA-B301 BLE module (Nordic nRF52840 chipset)
Additional Mini-PCIe cards:
- GW16130 Iridium SBD Satellite Radio – Based on Iridium 9603N SBD Module
- GW17032 802.11ac/abgn WiFi Radio – Based on Qualcomm QCA9880 Chipset, 3×3 MIMO
- GW17039 802.11bgn+BLE 4.0 Radio – Based on Qualcomm AR9565 Chipset
- GW17046 LTE CAT4 Cellular Radio – Based on ublox Toby-L2 Module
- GW16146 802.11ah HaLow WiFi Radio – Sub 1GHz 802.11ah HaLow, using IP protocol for long range and large quantity of nodes
- GW16122 SubGHz Radio – Based on Ti CC1352P Multiprotocol MCU
- Additional 3rd Party Radios are Available for Support of other Wireless Standards such as LoRa and SigFox.
- Venice Family – Indoor Aluminum Enclosures
- Ventana Family – Indoor Aluminum Enclosures
- Additional 3rd Party Enclosures are available for Hazardous Area Installations.
For high volume applications, Gateworks can also design a full custom SBC to meet the customer exact needs. Contact email@example.com for more information and to discuss your exact needs.