Newport GW6100 Single Board Computer
The GW6100 is the smallest member of the Gateworks 6th generation Newport family of single board computers targeted for a wide range of indoor and outdoor networking applications.
|Key Product Features|
|Processor:||Cavium OcteonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 800MHz|
|RAM:||1 GByte DDR4|
|Flash:||8 GBytes eMMC|
|Ethernet:||One Gigabit Port (see Features tab below for PoE details)|
|Mini-PCIe:||One Socket (see Features tab below for details)|
|Software:||Linux Ubuntu and OpenWrt Board Support Packages|
- Cavium OcteonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 800MHz SoC Processor
- 1GByte DDR4 SDRAM Memory and 8GBytes eMMC Flash Memory Standard
- High-Power Mini-PCIe Socket Supports PCIe or mSATA with USB 2.0 and Nano-SIM Socket
- Gigabit Ethernet Port Compliant with 802.3 10BaseT/100BaseTX/1000BASE-T
- USB Type-C™ DFP Featuring USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps and 1.5A Power Delivery
- Application Connector Includes Serial IO, Digital IO, I2C, and SPI
- Real Time Clock with Battery Backup
- Voltage and Temperature Monitor
- Serial Configuration EEPROM
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Programmable Fan Speed Controller and Tachometer Monitor
- Programmable Shut-Down and Wake-Up
- Input Voltage Range 8 to 60VDC with Reverse Protection
- 4W@25C Typical Operating Power
- -40C to +85C Operating Temperature
- Optional Ublox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS Support
- Form Factor Compatible with GW5100 Ventana Media SBC
- OpenWrt and Ubuntu Board Support Packages
- 1 Year Warranty
The GW6100 features the Cavium OcetonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 SoC processor operating at 800MHz, 1GByte of DDR4 DRAM, and 8GBytes of eMMC System Flash. A Mini-PCIe expansion socket supports 802.11abgn/ac wireless radios, LTE/4G/3G CDMA/GSM cellular modems, mSATA drives and other PCI Express peripherals. Additional peripherals include a Gigabit Ethernet port and a USB Type-C™ port. The Gateworks System Controller provides embedded features such as real time clock, voltage and temperature monitor, fan control and monitor, serial EEPROM, and advanced power management with programmable board shut-down and wake-up for remote sensor applications. A wide-range DC input power supply provides up to 8W to the Mini-PCIe socket for supporting the latest high-power radios and up to 7.5W to the USB Type-C™ port for powering external devices. Input Power is applied through dedicated connector or the Ethernet port in a Passive Power over Ethernet configuration. Both OpenWrt and Ubuntu Linux Board Support Packages are supported.
See how our products are being used.
From drones to airliners, utility meters to pipeline monitors, huge mining vehicles to small robots and gateways; our products are used in many different applications that require a rugged and reliable computing platform.