GW16113 IO Mini-PCIe Expansion Card
A Mini-PCIe Expansion Adapter that adds Digital & Analog I/O (without sacrificing Mini-PCIe socket) on Gateworks Single Board Computers
|Key Product Features|
|Function:||24 Digital IO or Custom IO|
- Plugs into Mini-PCIe Socket with PCI Express and USB Interfaces
- Stackable for I/O Intensive Applications
- USB 2.0 Hub Communicates with Baseboard and Mini-PCIe Expansion Socket
- Preprogrammed with 24 digital I/O
- Optional Development (more details):
- 24 I/O Signals Individually Programmable for Analog or Digital I/O
- Analog I/O Functions Include ADC, DAC, PGA, OPAMP, and Comparators
- Digital I/O Functions Include GPIO, PWM, I2C, SPI, UART, Counters, and Timers
- Programmable GPIO Drive Modes Support Resistive, Open Drain, and Strong Drive
- Programmable GPIO Drive Strength up to 24mA Sink Current
- All Signals Include Programmable Interrupt Generation
- 3.3V Operating Voltage from Mini-PCIe Connector
- 0.6W @ 25°C Typical Operating Power
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
- 1 Year Warranty
The GW16113 is a Mini-PCIe expansion adapter adds digital and analog I/O to any standard Mini-PCIe socket that supports both PCI Express and USB interfaces. The expansion adapter includes a full speed USB 2.0 hub to communicate with the baseboard as well as extending the USB interface to the Mini-PCIe connector. The Mini-PCIe expansion socket supports 802.11abgn radios, 4G WiMAX radios, 3G CDMA/GSM cellular modems and other PCI Express peripherals. The expansion adapter also includes a programmable 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 processor for providing 24 I/O signals. Any of the I/O signals are programmable for digital I/O or analog I/O functionality. The digital I/O functions include GPIO general purpose input and output, PWM pulse width modulation output, I2C, SPI, UART, timers, counters, and programmable logic functions. The analog I/O supports ADC analog-to digital converters, DAC digital-to-analog converters, PGA programmable gain amplifiers, OPAMP operational amplifiers, and comparators. Note that the GW16113 comes preprogrammed with firmware that exposes 24 DIO. Any other functions other than this need to be custom programmed with different firmware. Please thoroughly read the Gateworks GW16113 Wiki page which explains this in more detail. The GW16113 is stackable if more than 24 I/O signals are required. The GW10103 interface cable breaks out the I/O signals to individual connectors.
*Disclaimer: This card has only been tested on Gateworks Single Board Computers. Gateworks only provides support when used on a Gateworks SBC.*
See how our SBCs are being used.
From drones to airliners, utility meters to pipeline monitors, huge mining vehicles to small robots and IoT gateways; our single board computers are used in many different industrial applications that require a rugged and reliable computing platform that is Made in the USA.