Gateworks has released a new Mini-PCIe to M.2 E-Key adapter for the use of M.2 WiFi radios in Mini-PCIe slots. The GW16151 adapter allow M.2 E-Key & A+E Key WiFi radios & cards to be plugged into a Mini-PCIe slot on a Gateworks Single Board Computer. This adapter allows radios to use a single lane of PCIe and one USB 2.0 channel. Many adapters typically have pin signal conflicts with standard specifications, so these adapters only pass through the minimum required signalling to avoid these conflicts. This adapter joins a family of Mini-PCIe to M.2 adapters, which also include a B-Key for cellular modems and a M-Key for NVME storage drives.
Mini-PCIe to M.2 E-Key Adapter Highlights:
- Mini-PCIe to M.2 E-Key WiFi Adapter
- Will accept E-Key & A+E Key Radios (not included)
- Uses 1x PCIe lane & 1x USB 2.0
- Example M.2 radios: Laird Sterling LWB5+ and Silex WiFi 6E SX-PCEAX
- Part of larger family of Mini-PCIe to M.2 adapters