Gateworks would like to announcethe release & support of Yocto 2.3 on the Ventana Family of Single Board Computers that feature the NXPi.MX6 processor. Yocto 2.3is under the code name Pyro. Yocto is a Linux operating system that Gateworks uses for video input and output, networking, GUI, IoT and more. Gateworks has added enhancementsto Yocto 2.3 thus creating the Gateworks Yocto 2.3 BSP.
Gateworks Yocto 2.3 BSP Highlights:
- Using the gateworks_fslc_3.14_1.0.x_ga kernel
- gstreamer-1.12 with many optional plugins enabled
- gstreamer-imx-0.12.0 – provides access to hardware accelerated codecs, scaling colorspace conversions and compositing
- 34 additional gstreamer plugins providing more codec/source/sink options
- Updated gcc 4.9.2 -> 6.3.0
- Updated bluez4 -> bluez5 (changed in Yocto 2.0)
- Changed uClibc 0.9.3 -> musl 1.1.16 (changed in Yocto 2.2)
- Changed midori browser -> ephiphany browser (changed in Yocto 2.0)
- Changed libmad -> libmpg123 (MP3 audio decoder lib changed as the mad project is no longer maintained) (changed in Yocto 2.2)
- Changed udev -> eudev (for compatibility when using sysvinit with newer kernels) (changed in Yocto 2.1)
- Vivante GPU kernel driver (galcore) built as loadable kernel module (allowing flexibility to use an older kernel with a newer graphics release)
- Changedfsl-alsa-plugins -> imx-alsa-plugins
- and more changes listed here
To get started, Gateworks has posted Pre-Built images on the Yocto Wiki page. This includes tarballs and ubis for multimedia and gui images. The wiki page also documents building Yocto 2.3from source.
Please update to the GateworksYocto 2.3 BSP and contact Gateworks with any questions. The support team is happy and available to work with you!