Newport GW6903 Single Board Computer
The GW6903 SBC is a member of the Gateworks 6th generation Newport family of ARM single board computers targeted for rugged and industrial applications, including embedded indoor and outdoor networking systems, especially those requiring 2 WiFi radios on a small form factor.
|Key SBC Product Features|
|Processor:||Cavium OcteonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 800MHz|
|RAM:||1 GByte DDR4|
|Flash:||8 GBytes eMMC|
|Ethernet:||One Gigabit Port (see Features tab below for PoE details)|
|Mini-PCIe:||Two Half Card Sockets (see Features tab below for details)|
|Software:||Linux Ubuntu and OpenWrt Board Support Packages|
|Size:||35 x 110mm|
- Cavium OcteonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 800MHz
- 1Gbyte DDR4
- 8Gbytes eMMC Flash Memory
- Two Half Card Mini-PCIe Sockets, Both Provide PCIe Support, One Socket Additionally Provides USB 2.0 Support.
- Gigabit Ethernet Port with Passive PoE Support
- Standard U-blox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS Support
- USB 3.0 Type A Connector
- Application Connector Includes Digital IO, Digital IO, Analog, Reset and Power
- Tri-Color Front Panel Status LED
- Real Time Clock with Battery Backup
- Voltage and Temperature Monitor
- Serial Configuration EEPROM
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Programmable Fan Speed Controller and Tachometer Monitor
- Programmable Shut-Down and Wake-Up
- Ethernet Passive PoE Input Voltage Range 8 to 60V
- Input Voltage Reverse Protection
- 4W@25C Typical Operating Power
- -40C to +85C Industrial Operating Temperature
- OpenWrt and Ubuntu Board Support Packages
- 1 Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
- Rugged & Industrial design
The GW6903 SBC features the Cavium OcetonTX™ Dual Core ARMv8 SoC processor operating at 800MHz, 1GByte of DDR4 DRAM, and 8GBytes of eMMC System Flash. Two Mini-PCIe half card expansion sockets supports 802.11abgn/ac wireless radios, LTE/4G/3G cellular modems and other PCI Express peripherals. Additional peripherals include a Gigabit Ethernet port and a Type A USB 3.0 port. A u-blox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS Support and MMCX antenna connector is used for positioning. The Gateworks System Controller provides embedded features such as real time clock, voltage and temperature monitor, fan monitor and control, serial EEPROM, and advanced power management with programmable board shut-down and wake-up for remote IoT sensor applications. A wide-range DC input power supply provides up to 8W to the Mini-PCIe sockets for supporting thelatest high-power wireless radios. Input Power is applied through dedicated connector or the Ethernet port in a Passive Power over Ethernet configuration. Both OpenWrt and Ubuntu Linux Board Support Packages are supported on the ARM Processor. The small size of the single board computer allows it to operate in rugged and industrial applications with limited space. This product is made in the USA making it suitable for military and other secure projects. An IoT Gateway can easily be created by mating the GW6903 SBC with two half card Mini-PCIe radios. Internet of things and mesh systems are a perfect match for this miniature SBC that is only 35x110mm.
See how our SBCs are being used.
From drones to airliners, utility meters to pipeline monitors, huge mining vehicles to small robots and IoT gateways; our single board computers are used in many different industrial applications that require a rugged and reliable computing platform that is Made in the USA.